Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] remove automatic ticket assignment

+
Eric Newton 2013-04-26, 01:37
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-26, 01:46
+
John Vines 2013-04-26, 02:24
+
David Medinets 2013-04-26, 02:26
Re: [DISCUSS] remove automatic ticket assignment
After the automatic assignee looks at them, they can always mark them
as unassigned. Though, this seems to work better when there is a more
clearly defined hierarchy of authority for different components.

The point of automatic assignment seems to me to ensure they don't go
overlooked. I agree with John that this could be satisfied with some
sort of notation to distinguish that a ticket has been reviewed. Some
systems have workflows that allow tickets to go from a "New" state to
an "Accepted" one. Can we do that with JIRA?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +1 to leave tickets unassigned until someone is actually working on the
> ticket.
>

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Automatic ticket assignment makes too many assumptions.  We should leave
>> new tickets unassigned to indicate that they are free for anyone bold
>> enough to implement them.
>>
>> -Eric

+
Keith Turner 2013-04-26, 12:56