MapReduce, mail # user - Re: Experimental Hadoop Cluster - Linux Windows machines

Re: Experimental Hadoop Cluster - Linux Windows machines
Marco Shaw 2013-06-01, 20:05
If you're running XP, be aware of the others suggesting 64-bit.  That
depends on the exact proc you're running.

You sort of need to break this down into first determining how to get Linux
on your systems.

RHEL is pretty costly for a test, unless you've got that covered.  Go with
CentOS for a proof of concept.

Get that covered first, then move on to determining how to get Hadoop on
them.

Marco