Hive >> mail # user >> WITH clause support in HIVE

Re: WITH clause support in HIVE
We are looking to build an abstraction layer on top of hive where
objects store Hive queries. These queries gets executed when those
objects are accessed by the user. There can be derived obects, for eg.
y = op(x), where y is another Hive query built on top of the  query
represented by x depending on the operator 'op'.

We thought of using WITH clause to achieve these extensions easily.
However, since Hive does not support WITH clause yet, we will look
into the options you suggested.

Thanks,
-Sukhendu