Hadoop, mail # user - hdfs format command issue

+
Dhodapkar, Chinmay 2011-08-13, 15:41
Re: hdfs format command issue
Giridharan Kesavan 2011-08-15, 00:42
this should help.

echo Y | ${hadoophdfshome}/bin/hdfs namenode -format

-giri

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Dhodapkar, Chinmay
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I am trying to automate the installation/bringup of a complete hadoop/hbase
> cluster from a single script. I have run into a very small issue...
> Before bringing up the namenode, I have to format it with the usual "hadoop
> namenode -format"
>
> Executing the above command prompts the user for Y/N?. Is there an option
> that can be passed to force the format without prompting?
> The aim is for the script to complete without any human intervention...

+
Dhodapkar, Chinmay 2011-08-16, 00:02
+
Harsh J 2011-08-16, 04:58