MapReduce, mail # user - manipulate DFSInputStream in FSDataInputStream?

manipulate DFSInputStream in FSDataInputStream?
Nan Zhu 2013-12-15, 00:53
Hi, all

I’m modifying FSDataInputStream for some project,

I would like to directly manipulate “in" object in my implementation

as in the constructor a DFSInputStream is passed, so I convert “in” from InputStream to DFSInputStream with

import org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient;

DFSClient.DFSInputStream dins = (DFSClient.DFSInputStream) in;
dins.somemethod(…)
when I compile my code with ant

it says that

[javac] /Users/zhunan/codes/SDNBigData/hadoop-1.2.1/src/core/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FSDataInputStream.java:20: error: package org.apache.hadoop.hdfs does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient;

What does this mean?

it means that core is compiled before hdfs, so I cannot do this?

Thank you very much!

Best,

--
Nan Zhu