HBase >> mail # user >> HBase cluster over multiple EC2 Availability Zones?

Re: HBase cluster over multiple EC2 Availability Zones?
Based on some testing I did on running MR on clusters across AZs, you take
a 20-30% hit in performance purely due to latencies in replication. Of
course, the numbers would vary based on the workload and my testing was
definitely not comprehensive enough to cover all scenarios. This does not
take into account the extra $$ you pay for going cross AZ, which as you can
imagine would add up pretty quickly when looking at a large scale
deployment.