HBase >> mail # dev >> All region server died due to "Parent directory doesn't exist"

+
lars hofhansl 2013-05-09, 06:39
+
lars hofhansl 2013-05-09, 07:23
+
lars hofhansl 2013-05-09, 07:41
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 08:33
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-09, 08:59
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 09:04
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-09, 09:06
+
lars hofhansl 2013-05-09, 15:48
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 16:07
+
lars hofhansl 2013-05-09, 16:16
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-09, 16:39
+
Varun Sharma 2013-05-09, 16:41
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 16:51
Re: All region server died due to "Parent directory doesn't exist"
Thanks Ted and Varun.
Let me check on the .META. server.
The majority (13) of the RSs died within 2 minutes. The remaining 3 died over the following 10 minutes.
So that would point to general issue. I did not see any ZK issues but I'll double check.
It is just interesting that even now, if I start and RS it aborts within a minute or two, because of this issue.

-- Lars