HDFS >> mail # user >> How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?

+
anton ashanin 2013-03-05, 18:33
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-05, 18:59
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-05, 18:47
Re: How to setup Cloudera Hadoop to run everything on a localhost?
Jean, thanks for trying to help.
I get my IP address by DHCP. Every time I start my Ubuntu I possibly can
get a different IP address from my WiFi modem /router.
Will it be ok to add static address from  192.168.*.*  to /etc/hosts in
this case?

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Hi Anton,
>
> Can you try to add something like:
> your.local.ip.address    yourhostname
>
> into your hosts file?
>
> Like:
> 192.168.1.2          masterserver
>
> 2013/3/5 anton ashanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > I am trying to run all Hadoop servers on a single Ubuntu localhost. All
> > ports are open and my /etc/hosts file is
> >
> > 127.0.0.1   frigate frigate.domain.local    localhost
> > # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
> > ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> > fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> > ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> > ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> > ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
> >
> > When trying to install cluster Cloudera manager fails with the following
> > messages:
> >
> > "Installation failed. Failed to receive heartbeat from agent".
> >
> > I run my Ubuntu-12.04 host from home connected by WiFi/dialup modem to my
> > provider. What configuration is missing?
> >
> > Thanks!

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-05, 19:05