Accumulo >> mail # user >> Large-scale web analytics with Accumulo (and Nutch/Gora, Pig, and Storm)

Re: Large-scale web analytics with Accumulo (and Nutch/Gora, Pig, and Storm)
Unfortunately I had to leave the meetup during the middle of John's
presentation to catch the ferry over to New Jersey. I wish I was able
to stay. I am curious about slide 11 which describes ingest and a scan
time iterator. What happens during compaction? And why not ingest
directly into the "value = 1" format? I like the "group by fields" row
id - the name so neatly encapsulates the concept.