HDFS, mail # dev - A question about reading one block

+
Vivi Lang 2012-10-26, 20:49
+
Harsh J 2012-10-28, 02:41
Re: A question about reading one block
Vivi Lang 2012-10-31, 20:05
Hi, thks for the replying.

Is there any function can help me to create a InputStream for a certain
Block which stored in a certain datanode
Thanks,

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Vivi,
>
> Assuming you know how to get the block info out of a file's metadata,
> opening a file for read (with FileSystem.open API, etc.) with an
> offset and length set to to match that of a block, will open and read
> only that block.
>
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 2:19 AM, Vivi Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I am writing a program which need the data of several specific blocks (I
> > know the blockinfo of those blocks), if I use the Hadoop 0.20, is there
> > any  funtion which can help me to retrieve the content of block?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vivi
>

> --
> Harsh J