Accumulo, mail # dev - contrib vs. pushed to other projects

Re: contrib vs. pushed to other projects
Christopher 2013-10-21, 19:05
I think the answer to where things should go depends on two main factors:

1) Which project(s) does it benefit the most? (does it benefit
Accumulo users more to have another way to access Accumulo, or does it
benefit Hive users more to have another database to query from?), and
2) Who is going to be responsible for maintaining it?

The first question is probably a very subjective one, so I expect the
second to play a bigger role. Perhaps the discussion should involve
both communities to consolidate potentially multiple efforts?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii