HBase >> mail # user >> Java Commited Virtual Memory significally larged then Heap Memory

Java Commited Virtual Memory significally larged then Heap Memory
Hi All.

After heavy load into hbase (single node, nondistributed test system) I got
4Gb process size of my HBase java process.
On 6GB machine there was no room for anything else (disk cache and so on).

Does anybody knows, what is going on, and how you solve this. What heap
memory is set on you hosts
and how much of RSS hbase process actually use.

I don't see such things before, all tomcat and other java apps don't eats
significally more memory then -Xmx.

 Connection name:   pid: 23476 org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster
start  Virtual Machine:   Java
HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version 17.1-b03   Vendor:   Sun Microsystems
Inc.   Name:   23476@mars     Uptime:   12 hours 4 minutes   Process CPU
time:   5 hours 45 minutes   JIT compiler:   HotSpot 64-Bit Server
Compiler  Total compile time:   19,223
seconds
------------------------------
    Current heap size:     703 903 kbytes   Maximum heap size:   2 030
976kbytes    Committed memory:
2 030 976 kbytes   Pending finalization:   0 objects      Garbage
collector:   Name = 'ParNew', Collections = 9 990, Total time spent = 5
minutes   Garbage collector:   Name = 'ConcurrentMarkSweep', Collections 20, Total time spent = 35,754 seconds
    Operating System:   Linux 2.6.34.7-0.5-xen   Architecture:   amd64
 Number of processors:
8   Committed virtual memory:   4 403 512 kbytes     Total physical memory:
 6 815 744 kbytes   Free physical memory:      82 720 kbytes   Total swap
space:   8 393 924 kbytes   Free swap space:   8 050 880 kbytes