HDFS >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Migrate from svn to git for source control?

Re: [DISCUSS] Migrate from svn to git for source control?
By "merge-based workflow", this is referring to branch development and
merging? I don't see much issue with allowing a rebase-based workflow if
we're okay with allowing force-push on feature branches. If anything, the
next step would be disallowing merge-based workflows and mandating rebases
for a clean linear history, but it sounds like we'd rather not for now.

Also, to state the obvious, for trunk->branch-2->etc backports, I'd expect
us to be doing git cherry-picks.

I think it'd be good to disable force-push for the main branches as Arpit
recommends, we could include that in the VOTE as well.

Thanks,
Andrew
On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 9:27 PM, Arpit Agarwal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>