HDFS >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.1
+1 (binding)

1. checked out the tagged release on branch-2.4.1, 14f7c6a, built and
installed into the local mvn repo
2. ran the in-incubation slider functional tests

We can't create containers after an AM-restart, YARN-2065, but this was
expected. I don't consider that a critical issue as we're the only team to
have encountered it and we'll targeting branch-2.5 before long
also
-did a java 8 build on a linux VM; all worked
-ran the hadoop-tools/hadoop-openstack tests against a remote service, all
well.

we will be shipping the same s3n: // client that will NPEs on a seek beyond
the EOF as in Hadoop 2.3 & 2.4; blame HADOOP-9623, report HADOOP-10457

I have the tests and fix for it in HADOOP-9361; I think that should only be
targeted at branch-2.5 as the changes to s3n error handling are fairly
significant, amongst other things