HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: Moving to JDK7, JDK8 and new major releases

Re: Moving to JDK7, JDK8 and new major releases
Following up on ecosystem, I just took a look at the Apache trunk pom.xml
files for HBase, Flume and Oozie.  All are specifying 1.6 for source and
target in the maven-compiler-plugin configuration, so there may be
additional follow-up required here.  (For example, if HBase has made a
statement that its client will continue to support JDK6, then it wouldn't
be practical for them to link to a JDK7 version of hadoop-common.)

+1 for the whole plan though.  We can work through these details.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Karthik Kambatla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>