HDFS, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.0
Suresh Srinivas 2014-04-07, 16:53
+1 (binding)

Verified the signatures and hashes for both src and binary tars. Built from
the source, the binary distribution and the documentation. Started a single
node cluster and tested the following:
# Started HDFS cluster, verified the hdfs CLI commands such ls, copying
data back and forth, verified namenode webUI etc.
# Ran some tests such as sleep job, TestDFSIO, NNBench etc.

I agree with Arun's anaylysis. At this time, the bar for blockers should be
quite high. We can do a dot release if people want some more bug fixes.