HDFS >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.4.0
another belated +1 binding

-set mvn to pull in the 2.4.0 artifacts

-rebuilt my slider YARN code. Only compile failure was caused in our custom
AmFilterInitializer not compiling due to YARN-1553 dropping a static
isSecure() method -switched to
inlining  WebAppUtils.getHttpSchemePrefix(conf) to create code that still
compiles and runs against 2.3.0 clusters as well as 2.4.0. This filter
isn't actually used right now -and may get dropped. I just patched the code
to handle it,. YARN proxy filtering is pretty low-level code that most
people won't go near.

-successful test runs against YARN clusters on VMs, bringing up Hbase
clusters

  2.4.0-based CentoOS VM & Java 7 (HDP 2.1 sandbox)
 branch-2 Ubuntu VM running kerberized on Java8.

Steve

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE