HDFS, mail # dev - Re: Putting the hdfs client as a separate jar - 2014-04-03, 12:07

Haohui Mai 2014-04-02, 21:28
Tsz Wo Sze 2014-04-02, 21:49
Haohui Mai 2014-04-02, 22:03
Steve Loughran 2014-04-03, 12:00
Steve Loughran 2014-04-03, 12:01
Re: Putting the hdfs client as a separate jar
to follow up with an example,

JIRA on updating dependencies and tuning the POMs
 here's a JIRA on dropping ZK from the hadoop-client POM

And there's an mr-client POM where we've been slowly cutting down on what
it pulls in

This shows that
1. we can given maven/ivy projects what they need -and no more- through
POM-only projects.
2. its an ongoing project to keep those dependencies cut down.
3. there's always the risk that you drop too much and some project
discovers that while their code builds, it doesn't run any more.

Alejandro Abdelnur 2014-04-03, 17:17
Haohui Mai 2014-04-04, 18:40
Haohui Mai 2014-04-04, 18:47
Haohui Mai 2014-04-07, 23:50