HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: Moving to JDK7, JDK8 and new major releases

Re: Moving to JDK7, JDK8 and new major releases
Guava is a separate problem and I think we should have a separate
discussion "what can we do about guava"? That's more traumatic than a JDK
update, I fear, as the guava releases care a lot less about compatibility.
I don't worry about JDK updates removing classes like "StringBuffer"
because "StringBuilder" is better.