There's a JIRA somewhere that 's never gone in, to add a timeout rule to a
base class; this rule gets picked up in that test class and all children to
specify the timeout
public final Timeout testTimeout = new Timeout(TEST_TIMEOUT);
1. If we are going to have a timeout everywhere, it should be
configurable to different delays. For mavn, that's SystemProperties being
passed down and extracted.
2. We don't want that in every @test method
3. so... we should have a AbstractYarnTest, AbstractMapReduce test, &c,
each picking up the timeout option for their part of the suite
4. then cut out all the other timeouts.
5. and finally document this somewhere.
6. Object store tests need extra-long timeouts, execution time for multi
GB uploads to S3 and openstack object stores are a function of your upload
bandwidth, not machine speed
On 15 April 2014 21:20, Karthik Kambatla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately
and delete it from your system. Thank You.