HDFS >> mail # dev >> Putting the hdfs client as a separate jar

Re: Putting the hdfs client as a separate jar
It is a very good idea although it might not be easy to do.  One aspect to consider is that do we need separated jars for rpc client and web client?  Now, suppose we could successfully separate HFDS Client jar(s) from HDFS.  However, HDFS Client uses Common as a library.  We have to separate Common since it also has a lot of dependent jars.  I guess we might have to divide Common and HDFS into small modules and figure out the dependency between them.

Tsz-Wo