HDFS >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Migrate from svn to git for source control?

Re: [DISCUSS] Migrate from svn to git for source control?
In the bylaws, I see this under PMC responsibilities:

* Maintaining the project's shared resources, including the codebase
repository, mailing lists, websites.

This seems to indicate that the repo (i.e. svn or git) is managed by the
PMC. Of the available PMC vote actions, the closest seems to be "Adoption
of New Codebase":

When the codebase for an existing, released product is to be replaced with
an alternative codebase. If such a vote fails to gain approval, the
existing code base will continue.
This also covers the creation of new sub-projects within the project
Lazy 2/3 majority of PMC members

This would be my recommendation for the vote, but I'll defer to more
experienced PMC members.

Thanks,
Andrew
On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>