HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: Moving to JDK7, JDK8 and new major releases

Re: Moving to JDK7, JDK8 and new major releases
I'm also +1 for getting us to JDK7 within the 2.x line after reading the
proposals and catching up on the discussion in this thread.

Has anyone yet considered how to coordinate this change with downstream
projects?  Would we request downstream projects to upgrade to JDK7 first
before we make the move?  Would we switch to JDK7, but run javac -target
1.6 to maintain compatibility for downstream projects during an interim
period?

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/