Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: Preparing 1.1.2-rc0, due to HADOOP-9115

Re: Preparing 1.1.2-rc0, due to HADOOP-9115
Hey Matt,

Was wondering if there is any progress on this? I created a build job on
jenkins for Hive https://builds.apache.org/job/Hive-trunk-hadoop1/ which is
currently failing because of HADOOP-8880. It will be useful to have 1.1.2
out as that will help us in having Hive builds going.

Ashutosh
On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for doing this Matt!
>
> Arun
>
> On Dec 5, 2012, at 12:30 AM, Matt Foley wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > sorry for the thrash, but further testing in a whole-stack situation with
> > Hive over Hadoop-1.1.1, exposed bug
> > HADOOP-9115<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9115>,
> > "Deadlock in configuration when writing configuration to hdfs".  This bug
> > did not previously manifest during Hadoop-1.1.1 system testing, but shows
> > up frequently during Hive testing.
> >
> > Due to this, I am reverting "stable" to 1.0.4, and preparing a release
> > candidate for 1.1.2 that fixes this.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --Matt

+