HDFS >> mail # user >> Why hadoop is spawing two map over file size 1.5 KB ?

Re: Why hadoop is spawing two map over file size 1.5 KB ?
I guess may be one of them is the speculative execution.
You can check the parameter "mapred.map.tasks.speculative.execution" to
ensure whether it is allowed speculative execution.
You can get the precise information that whether it is speculative map task
from the tasktracker log.