Drill, mail # dev - Thread for discussing CAST functionality

RE: Thread for discussing CAST functionality
Yash Sharma 2013-11-17, 06:12
Julian, so is there any way we can use the class directly ?
I guess we might just have to create a similar rule matrix for Drill's datatypes.
Thoughts?

- Yash
From: Julian Hyde [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Yash Sharma
Subject: Re: Thread for discussing CAST functionality

On Nov 15, 2013, at 1:20 PM, Timothy Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So Does Optiq use a standard order  of types to test to enforce precedence then?

Not sure what you mean by "precedence". It basically has two matrices, that determine whether an expression of type1 can be converted implicitly or explicitly (via a cast) to type2. The matrices for standard types are in the SQL standard, IIRC.

Non-standard types like ANY are treated specially.

Julian