Flume >> mail # user >> Collecting WINDOWS event viewer logs?

Collecting WINDOWS event viewer logs?
Hi all,

I've been using the rsyslog TCP forwarding feature to collect syslogs with
syslogTCP source from a linux server, and it is working well.

We are now attempting to get a similar arrangement for Windows Event
Viewer. It seems like the tools are built in to Windows, but depend on the
Windows Event collection service to provide a collector tier to receive the
forwarded logs. My Flume agent is running on a CentOS host.

Does anyone have experience with building this arrangement out? A good
utility to provide a Windows Event Collector tier on my Flume host would
work, or a way to trick Windows...WINE is not an option...

Thanks,
*Devin Suiter*
Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com