Pig >> mail # user >> Tuples in UDF and null

+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-03-07, 00:58
+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-03-07, 18:10
Re: Tuples in UDF and null
Hi Mohit,
          it won't convert into string literal 'NULL' since its a tuple you'll see results like
('Hello',)

--
Harsha
On Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> Any help would be appreciated. I'll also write something shortly and see
> what happens.
>
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])>wrote:
>
> > If I define and set tuple like this:
> >
> > Tuple t1 = mTupleFactory.newTuple(2);
> > t1.set(0, "Hello");
> > t1.set(1, NULL);
> >
> > and have schema like:
> >
> > b:bag{t:tuple(a:chararray, b:chararray)
> >
> > and then in the pig script if I do:
> >
> > page = foreach B generate b;
> >

> > What should be expected outcome? Would "generate" convert NULL into
> > literal 'NULL' as a string? Or does it skip over that NULL.

+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-03-07, 18:35
+
Harsha 2013-03-07, 18:53