HDFS >> mail # user >> Hadoop distcp from CDH4 to Amazon S3 - Improve Throughput

Re: Hadoop distcp from CDH4 to Amazon S3 - Improve Throughput
The EMR distributions have special versions of the s3 file system.  They
might be helpful here.

Of course, you likely aren't running those if you are seeing 5MB/s.

An extreme alternative would be to light up an EMR cluster, copy to it,
then to S3.