HBase, mail # user - HBase on Windows 7: Master not running error

Re: HBase on Windows 7: Master not running error
Nicolas Liochon 2013-02-04, 09:32
Hi,

>From the logs, it seems you trying to use the non distributed mode:
WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine: Not
starting a distinct region server because hbase.cluster.distributed is false

If it's the case, you don't have to launch a separate zookeeper & region
server. See this: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#standalone_dist and
this http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart

May be as well that the previous instance didn't stop properly, or you're
going on a wrong zookeeper:
INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ActiveMasterManager: Another master is
the active master, 10.100.0.101,51424,1359964957325; waiting to become the
next active master

So it's worth looking at the processes running on the machine as well.

Nicolas