HBase, mail # dev - Hadoop version trunk dependency?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-11-11, 13:57
Re: Hadoop version trunk dependency?
Nick Dimiduk 2013-11-11, 17:36
As far as I'm aware, 0.98 will continue to support both hadoop-1 and
hadoop-2 build profiles. Can you add the functionality to the 2.x version
of the hadoop-compatibility shim, but you'll need to provide equivalent 1.x
implementation and expose it through the API.
On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Quick question.
>
> Which hadoop version do we declare trunk is dependent on?
>
> I have a very small change in HBase 9938 but that will make it dependent on
> Hadoop 2.0
>
> Same thing around HBASE-6763<
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6763>.
>

> If we say trunk is only Hadoop 2 compatible, then we can implement those
> changes. Else, I will put comments and say that we can not fix that now.
>
> JM

+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-11-11, 17:52
+