HBase >> mail # dev >> Set scanner caching to a better default?

Re: Set scanner caching to a better default?
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We just ran into this again today, where we forgot to set scanner caching and observed bad performance.
> The default of 1 does not seem to make any sense (except for very specific case of large/wide rows).
>
> Any value between 10 and 1000 should be OK, really. Maybe the default should be 100.
>
> This would also go some way to avoid the perception that HBase is slow for folks who are just playing around with it.

I'd say all our defaults could do w/ an edit but am fine starting w/
this one alone (Or we have the UI come w/ flashing neon saying the
configs are super conservative and must be tuned).

St.Ack