Avro >> mail # user >> Bypassing "handshake" in Responder

Re: Bypassing "handshake" in Responder
This sounds like a different RPC wire format than Avro's.  Avro's
Requestor and Responder implement Avro's RPC wire format.  Avro's
Encode/Decoder and DatumReader/DatumWriter APIs should facilitate
implementation of other RPC wire formats that include Avro data.
Avro's Transceiver API may or may not be reusable, since it assumes
Avro-style framing.  Parts of Requestor and Responder *might* be
reusable and some refactoring of those classes *might* make such reuse
easier, but there's not that much logic there that's not specific to
Avro's wire format, so it might be just as easy to reimplement this
layer for a different wire format.  It's hard for me to say without
seeing a patch with a proposed refactoring.  Does that make sense?

Doug