Hadoop >> mail # user >> Incompatible namespaceIDs after formatting namenode

Incompatible namespaceIDs after formatting namenode

Hi

We just started implemented hadoop on our system for the first time(Cloudera
CDH3u2 )

After reformatting a namenode for a few times, DataNode is not coming up
with error "Incompatible namespaceIDs"

I found a note on this
http://pages.cs.brandeis.edu/~cs147a/lab/hadoop-troubleshooting/ but I'm
really not sure about removing data node directories.

How is it possible that data will not be lost? I have to do it on all
datanodes...

Please explain me how all this reformat tasks preserves user's data ?