Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Job status shows 0's for counters

Re: Job status shows 0's for counters
Thanks all for the JIRA links.

It appears this was 'fixed' in an older JIRA... but looking at the source
in my 1.2.1 webapps directory, it definitely is not fixed!

I'll comment on the new JIRA.
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> We've observed this internally too.
>
> Shinichi, tx for the patch. Will follow up on JIRA to get it committed.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Sep 3, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Shinichi Yamashita wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I reported this issue in MAPREDUCE-5376 (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-5376) and attached a
> patch.
> But it is not fixed by the current release.
>
> Thanks,
> Shinichi
>
> (2013/09/03 11:20), Robert Dyer wrote:
>
> I just noticed the job status for MR jobs tends to show 0's in the Map
>
> and Reduce columns but actually shows the totals correctly.
>

> I am not sure exactly when this started happening, but this cluster was
>
> upgraded from Hadoop 1.0.4 to 1.1.2 and now to 1.2.1.  It definitely
>
> worked fine on 1.0.4, but I don't recall testing on 1.1.2.
>

> Anyone else running into this issue?
>

> Map-Reduce Framework Reduce input groups 0 0 0
>
> Map output materialized bytes 0 0 5,910
>
> Combine output records 0 0 250
>
> Map input records 0 0 48,556
>
> Reduce shuffle bytes 0 0 4,960
>
> Physical memory (bytes) snapshot 0 0 56,364,822,528
>

> Note that not *all* counters are doing this!  Some still show properly:
>

> FileSystemCounters HDFS_BYTES_READ 844,499,067,747 0 844,499,067,747
>
> FILE_BYTES_WRITTEN 4,879,509 60,403 4,939,912
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Robert Dyer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]