MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Release numbering for branch-2 releases

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 20:56
+
Stack 2013-01-31, 05:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-31, 20:12
+
Stack 2013-02-01, 20:35
+
Tom White 2013-02-01, 10:34
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-01, 18:52
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-04, 18:46
+
Stack 2013-02-04, 19:53
+
Owen OMalley 2013-02-04, 21:07
Re: Release numbering for branch-2 releases
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think that using "-(alpha,beta)" tags on the release versions is a really
> bad idea.
Why? Can you please share some reasons?

I actually think alpha and beta and stable/GA are much better way to set
the expectation
of the quality of a release. This has been practiced in software release
cycle for a long time.
Having an option to release alpha is good for releasing early and getting
feedback from
people who can try it out and at the same time warning other not so
adventurous users on
quality expectation.

Or do you propose any release that is not marked stable (currently 1.x) is
implicitly alpha/beta?

All releases should follow the strictly numeric

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-04, 22:36
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-05, 04:50
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-04, 19:20
+
Eli Collins 2013-01-31, 00:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-31, 01:10
+
Eli Collins 2013-01-31, 19:51
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 22:40
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-01-30, 23:32
+
Tom White 2013-02-01, 11:03
+
Stack 2013-02-03, 03:00