HBase >> mail # user >> Parallel scan in HBase

+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-02-01, 13:52
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-01, 15:46
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-02-01, 16:40
Re: Parallel scan in HBase
If you run a SQL query that does aggregation (i.e. uses a built-in
aggregation function like COUNT or does a GROUP BY), Phoenix will
orchestrate the running of a set of queries in parallel, segmented along
your row key (driven by the start/stop key plus region boundaries). We
take advantage of a nifty feature that Lars added where you can pass in
your own ExecutorService to an HTable, so you could do something similar.

Regards,

     James

On 02/01/2013 08:40 AM, Mohammad Tariq wrote:
> Do you need to scan each n every row within that range?Or you need specific
> rows based on some filter?
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The scan contract in HBase is that all rows are returned in order, so all
>> regions have to be traversed in order as well.
>> It would be nice to add some facility to HBase to performs the scanning in
>> parallel.
>>

>> ________________________________

+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-02-02, 04:54