Zookeeper >> mail # user >> session watches

Re: session watches
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Shelley, Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Additionally, I'm curious if there is a way to know if there are any
> watches currently on a znode. Since we can't do ephemeral parent nodes,
> yet, and if I have a client that fails (which results in losing their
> session and watches) - or forcefully shutdown from Eclipse (which is what
> happens when I'm testing), I'll need to find out which znodes are no longer
> being watched and reestablish them (possibly by another client).

Can you say more about why this is needed?  Why does it matter if your
debugged program or some other is watching these nodes?  If you absolutely
need to have somebody watching these nodes, why not run a program that
permanently watches these nodes in addition to the program under test.
> Another thought was a "named" watch, where a watch can be saved between
> sessions by having uniquely named clients (I know this isn't currently
> supported, just thinking out loud). Just trying to figure out how to make
> due without ephemeral parent nodes.

This can be emulated by keeping a znode with a list of the paths that
should be watched.  I don't understand how it needs to be a primitive
capability.