HDFS, mail # user - How to best decide mapper output/reducer input for a huge string?

Re: How to best decide mapper output/reducer input for a huge string?
Pavan Sudheendra 2013-09-23, 09:28
@Rahul, Yes you are right. 21 mappers are spawned where all the 21 mappers
are functional at the same time.. Although, @Pradeep, i should do the
compression like you say.. I'll give it a shot.. As far as i can see, i
think i'll need to implement Writable and write out the key of the mapper
using the specific data types instead of writing it out as a string which
might slow the operation down..

Regards-
Pavan