MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Re: [RESULT] - [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x

+
Todd Lipcon 2012-03-28, 18:53
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-03-28, 18:59
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-03-28, 19:02
+
Owen OMalley 2012-03-28, 19:25
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-03-28, 19:32
+
Owen OMalley 2012-03-28, 19:39
+
Doug Cutting 2012-03-29, 00:11
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-03-28, 23:11
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-03-28, 20:57
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-03-28, 21:14
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-03-28, 23:00
+
Scott Carey 2012-03-29, 19:45
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-03-29, 22:06
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2012-04-03, 18:27
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-04-03, 20:58
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2012-04-03, 21:37
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What would be guideline for a new feature, such as
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4049, which maintains
> compatibility for 1.x, but is not relevant to trunk, because the codebases
> have completely diverged, so cannot be committed to trunk ?

Are you sure this isn't relevant to trunk? The "target versions" field of
that JIRA lists both 1.0.x and 0.24.0 (trunk.) In the latest comment on
that JIRA, the author appears to intend to do this work for both trunk and
1.0:

"I want to have the described plugin-ability (desired with same interface)
for all future versions of Hadoop (as mentioned in the Target Version/s
field). <snip> On the first phase, I am focusing on the existing 1.0 branch
as I know it. In parallel, I'll try to learn what exists in 0.23"

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera