Pig >> mail # dev >> Is there Thrift endpoint for Pig?

+
Jae Lee 2010-12-08, 14:43
Re: Is there Thrift endpoint for Pig?
AFAIK, there is not. In such a usecase where Pig is running in a
server mode inside a thrift container, you probably want to write your
queries against jdbc-like interface instead of PigServer like thrift
client. I am not aware of any work in this area.

Though your specific problem of custom packaging can likely be solved
by enhancing bin/pig shell script. You can add your custom loaders in
the Pig's classpath there and do any additional packaging that you
need. This will free your Pig users from doing packaging themselves.

Hope it helps,
Ashutosh

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 06:43, Jae Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there Thrift endpoint for Pig? a bit like Hive's Thirft server.
>
> instead of having Pig installed on multiple client, it seems handy to have Thirft endpoint for Pig when it needs to be packaged with custom jars (custom loaders).

Jae Lee 2010-12-08, 18:24