Hive, mail # user - what changes required in hive conf xml when working with hive jdbc

what changes required in hive conf xml when working with hive jdbc
Alok Kumar 2011-11-24, 10:07
Hi,

Do I need to make any change in hive configuration file when working with
hive-jdbc?

I'm trying to configure Hive Jdbc following this link
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveClient.<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveClient>

hive is up n running. I'm able to create table (or) execute queries at
$hive>

jps returns :
user@ubuntu:~$ jps
14202 JobTracker
14624 HMaster
16137 JUnitTestRunner
13809 DataNode
14864 RunJar
16392 Jps
15414 HiveJdbcClient
14077 SecondaryNameNode
13573 NameNode
14441 TaskTracker
16011 Launcher
15251 RunJar
15161 Main

I've run Hive server as
$HIVE_HOME: bin/hive --service hiveserver
Starting Hive Thrift Server
WARNING: org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter is deprecated. Please
use org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter in all the log4j.properties
files.

(Not sure if hive-server is running!)

and run  "$ java -cp $CLASSPATH HiveJdbcClient" for hive client from this
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveClient.
I've set $CLASSPATH like
(export
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:.:$HIVE_HOME/lib/*:$HADOOP_HOME/hadoop-0.20.2-core.jar)
after doing this "$ java -cp $CLASSPATH HiveJdbcClient", it just stuck
there!!
It should create a table "testHiveDriverTable" in hive, but "show tables;"
on $hive returns no such table.

Please help.. any1 working with Hive Jdbc, am I missing any
configuration....?

Regards,
Alok