HDFS, mail # dev - Status of CheckpointNode and BackupNode

Re: Status of CheckpointNode and BackupNode
Aaron T. Myers 2012-10-16, 23:51
I'm also in favor of removing them. I've fielded many questions from users
about their status, how they compare to other daemons that exist, etc. All
I've seen them do is increase confusion among users and be a maintenance
burden on developers.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera