Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-07-27, 03:24
+
Jun Ping Du 2012-07-27, 08:01
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-07-27, 06:59
+
Todd Papaioannou 2012-07-27, 05:39
+
Hitesh Shah 2012-07-27, 04:11
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-07-27, 03:53
+
Edward J. Yoon 2012-07-27, 03:56
+
Tsz Wo \ 2012-07-27, 04:53
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-07-27, 21:26
+
Owen OMalley 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Harsh J 2012-07-27, 21:20
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-07-27, 14:10
+
Tom White 2012-07-27, 13:44
+
Steve Loughran 2012-07-27, 18:58
+
Jonathan Eagles 2012-07-30, 15:57
+
Eli Collins 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Daryn Sharp 2012-07-31, 18:53
+
Devaraj Das 2012-07-31, 21:46
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-08-01, 04:17
+
Stephan Kang 2012-08-01, 13:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-03, 07:51
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-08, 19:29
+
Tom White 2012-08-13, 21:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-14, 18:19
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-14, 18:27
+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 00:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-15, 15:52
+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 21:24
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-15, 21:27
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-16, 18:27
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-16, 20:38
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 19:59
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:08
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:11
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:21
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:41
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-16, 21:34
+
Chris Douglas 2012-08-17, 00:41
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-17, 02:37
+
Sharad Agarwal 2012-08-17, 05:53
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-21, 22:46
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-21, 23:13
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-22, 18:38
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-22, 18:43
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-23, 18:13
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-23, 18:33
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-24, 02:11
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-24, 04:08
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-23, 19:43
+
Ted Dunning 2012-08-17, 17:13
Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Can we update the mailing list page with the new ones and combined users:
http://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html?

Thanks
Tom
On 8/8/12 2:29 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, we are nearly there.
>
> # The new YARN jira is functional now (albeit with some teething issues with
> notifications/workflow which should be resolved soon):
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN
> # I've committed YARN-1 to move YARN out of hadoop-mapreduce-project onto
> hadoop-yarn-project in subversion.
> # All jira notifications are going to yarn-issues@ and all subversion commit
> notifications are going to yarn-commits@.
>
> Please do subscribe to the relevant mailing lists.
> Also note that there is *no* yarn-user@ list since all user interactions are
> now via [EMAIL PROTECTED].
>
> If you see issues, please let me know and I'll try to respond ASAP.
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>
> On Aug 3, 2012, at 12:51 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>
>> With 22 +1s (9 binding) and no -1s the vote passes unanimously. Thanks to all
>> who voted.
>>
>> I'll start the necessary process to move on this.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>
>> On Jul 26, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>>
>>> As we discussed in the previous thread, I'd like to call a vote to establish
>>> YARN as a sub-project (it's the best *term* we have to describe it in our
>>> current nomenclature) of Apache Hadoop along with Common, HDFS & MapReduce.
>>>
>>> Specifically,
>>> # Create a separate top-level src folder hadoop-yarn, move it out of
>>> hadoop-mapreduce-project in subversion at hadoop/common/trunk.
>>> # Continue to co-release a single Hadoop release with Common, HDFS, YARN &
>>> MapReduce.
>>>
>>> Please vote, the vote will run the normal 7 days. Obviously, I'm +1.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Arun
>>>

>> --
>> Arun C. Murthy
>> Hortonworks Inc.
>> http://hortonworks.com/
>>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/

+
Jason Lowe 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Ryan Grymes 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-16, 22:31
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-15, 03:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-15, 05:58