Accumulo >> mail # dev >> MapReduceExample When Executed Displays Usage And Error Message

+
David Medinets 2013-02-09, 03:19
+
Christopher 2013-02-10, 01:04
+
David Medinets 2013-02-10, 01:40
+
Jim Klucar 2013-02-10, 01:45
+
David Medinets 2013-02-11, 03:59
+
John Vines 2013-02-11, 04:23
Re: MapReduceExample When Executed Displays Usage And Error Message
But if people start using the MiniAccumuloCluster without knowing
their client processing need to wait? What's the harm in letting
start() do the waiting? Wouldn't that ensure a minimum wait time and
consistent behavior?

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't think so, all of our client processes are designed to wait a bit
> for the server to come up, and this process a similar behavior as our
> start-all script.

> On Feb 10, 2013 10:59 PM, "David Medinets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Adding a Thread.sleep(1) after the start() method does seem to
>> consistently resolve the 'Stream Closed' issue.
>>
>>       MiniAccumuloCluster la = new MiniAccumuloCluster(tmpDir, "pass1234");
>>       la.start();
>>       Thread.sleep(1);
>>
>> Which raises a question. Should the start method wait for the
>> processes to start before returning? Any reason I shouldn't create a
>> jira ticket for this?
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Jim Klucar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > I wonder if it is just because you're starting and stopping so quickly. I
>> > know the Tserver processes take a second to come up, perhaps put a sleep
>> in
>> > for a few seconds and see if that works.

>> 1.5.0.

+
Josh Elser 2013-02-11, 10:51
+