Hadoop, mail # general - 0.23.3 release coming soon

Re: 0.23.3 release coming soon
Harsh J 2012-08-24, 16:06
Hi Inder,

>From what I've seen of the development activity that came out of
choosing to stabilize the early 0.23 branch, I think there is great
value in what's being done here.

Given that, I personally have nothing against them making a release;
it helps them continue on their goal, and its pretty great that they
want others to share the stable/tested release of YARN, etc., instead
of keeping things private.

We were in a version mess and have already taken steps to fix that,
and this isn't making anything worse the way I see it. Feel free to
continue recommending 2.x and 1.x numbers as thats the numbering
scheme for the future, as the fixes done on this branch do make it to
those as well (or at least trunk, from where it can be cherry-picked),
its not a divergence/fork in any way.

P.s. We've already had 0.23 releases before, and I don't think we're
'diverging' from the version naming if we release a bug fixes drop
under the same line.

Harsh J