MapReduce >> mail # user >> Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?

+
WangRamon 2012-09-06, 08:32
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-09-06, 09:13
+
WangRamon 2012-09-06, 09:26
Re: Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?
Hi,

I just tried it out on 1.0.x. It works fine.

Thanks
Hemanth

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM, WangRamon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi hemanth
>
> Does it support Hadoop version 1.0.0? Thanks
>
> Cheers
> Ramon
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:43:45 +0530
>
> Subject: Re: Is there a way to get notificaiton when the job is failed?
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Hi,
>
> There is a provision to get job end notifications for a mapreduce job via
> an HTTP call. You have to set a parameter called job.end.notification.url
> to a http address in your Job's configuration. Or if the job implements the
> Tool interface it can be passed directly from command line without having
> to modify the job, like so:
>
> hadoop jar <jar-name> <class-name> -Djob.end.notification.url=<http-url>
>
> The URL can contain two special strings $jobId and $jobStatus which will
> be replaced with the actual values for the job. Then, your web application
> can implement any notification as required.
>
> Thanks
> hemanth
>
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM, WangRamon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  Hi Guys
>
> Is there some 3rd party monitor tool that i can use to monitor the hadoop
> cluster, especially that i can get a notification/email when there is a job
> failed? Thanks for any suggestion.
>
> Cheers
> Ramon

+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2012-09-06, 11:49
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-09-06, 12:05
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-09-06, 19:15
+
Julien Muller 2012-09-06, 08:53
+
WangRamon 2012-09-06, 09:25