Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Project name conflict heads-up

Re: Project name conflict heads-up
I've been worried about this for a while, and I think we need to come up
with a strategy for dealing with it in Bigtop. In this case, it's just a
coincidence that two separate projects are named Spark. However I recently
submitted a patch for packaging Avro as a separate component in Bigtop and
had to deal with the fact that a minority of the systems we support already
packaged part of Avro in a package named 'avro', so I had to use
'avro-libs', 'avro-tools' and 'avro-doc'. Fedora's also going to start
releasing packages for Hadoop, so this problem of name conflicts is only
going to get worse.