Hive, mail # user - dynamic Partition not splitting properly

+
Hamza Asad 2013-06-12, 13:47
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-12, 13:50
+
Hamza Asad 2013-06-13, 11:10
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-13, 11:12
+
Hamza Asad 2013-06-13, 11:49
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-13, 11:52
+
Hamza Asad 2013-06-13, 11:54
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-13, 12:07
+
Hamza Asad 2013-06-14, 06:39
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-14, 06:54
+
Hamza Asad 2013-06-14, 07:01
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-14, 07:27
+
Hamza Asad 2013-06-14, 07:34
Re: dynamic Partition not splitting properly
Nitin Pawar 2013-06-14, 07:41
just use hive split function for strings and get the value extracted.
by the way I am not sure why the to_date function is failing
stringto_date(string timestamp)Returns the date part of a timestamp string:
to_date("1970-01-01 00:00:00") = "1970-01-01"
also, I am sorry i might have misread your question
what do you mean by "partition column does not accepts to_date(event_date)
form "

Nitin Pawar
+
Hamza Asad 2013-06-14, 07:51