Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Hierarchical Visibility Strings

Re: Hierarchical Visibility Strings
Adding quotes would be a little heavyweight for my purposes, but that
sounds like a good idea.

I don't think that letting in . and / characters would have a significant
negative effect on the grammar flexibility, especially since the resulting
expressiveness would be less than URI's, which have pretty reduced
expressivity themselves, but other people might have some use cases in mind
where this could be a problem.

On a separate but related note, the docs seem to say : isn't valid (see
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.4/apidocs/org/apache/accumulo/core/security/ColumnVisibility.html#ColumnVisibility(byte[]))
but the code does (see
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/security/Authorizations.java)
on line 62